9 Jan 2018

Rethinktion: Making up words my way #OneWordONT #oneword2018

Sometimes too much thinking takes time away from the doing.

But sometimes the thinking is the doing.

But if we don't share it outside of our head, does it...

get lost? 

lose value?

Is it harder to think about another time another way if we want or need to go back to it?


I have not blogged consistently for many reasons (none of them particularly deep or interesting) and this may not become consistent because of this one time, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I have been inspired to write this, so I have a link to the #ecoochat tonight about #OneWordONT

I fake participated in this one year (I wrote more than one word and didn't follow through past that), but this year I did some more pondering.

Here is my process....

Words that resonate me when I think about:

  • the lens through which I see my practice
  • guiding my work
  • reflecting on my professional learning

Wonder...
Think...
Reflect
Reflection - have a great visual for this one...
Rethink
Rethinktion...

and then I googled some words...

Reflection
noun
noun: reflection
  1. 1.
    the throwing back by a body or surface of light, heat, or sound without absorbing it.

    "the reflection of light"
    synonyms:sending back, throwing back, casting back
    "the reflection of light"


Hmmm.... not a good start...


a thing bringing
discredit to someone or something
.
"it was a sad reflection on society that because of his affliction he was picked on"

synonyms:sluraspersion, imputation, reproachshamecriticism
"a sad reflection on society"


That might be worse!


serious thought or consideration.

"he doesn't get much time for reflection"
synonyms:
thought, thinking, consideration, contemplation, deliberation, pondering, meditation, musing, rumination;
formal cogitation
"after some reflection, he turned it down"
  • an idea about something, especially one that is written down or expressed.

    "reflections on human destiny and art"
    synonyms:opinionthoughtviewbelieffeelingideaimpressionconclusionassessment;

These look better... where do they take me?

Rumination
noun
noun: rumination; plural noun: ruminations
  1. 1.
    a deep or considered thought about something.

    "philosophical ruminations about life and humanity"
    • the action or process of thinking deeply about something.
      modifier noun: rumination

      "this film stuck out, demanding attention and rumination"
  2. 2.
    the action of chewing the cud.

    "cows slow down their rumination"

I like these ones! Though in psychology circles the connotation isn't favourable.

Rumination: The danger of dwelling
Cogitation
noun
noun: cogitation; plural noun: cogitations
  1. the action of thinking deeply about something; contemplation.

    "sorry, did I interrupt your cogitation?


I like it, but I don't want to do this alone.... 

What about Co-Cogitation?

But I also want to have it action....

Co-Cogitataction?

But I also want it to repeat...

Re-Co-Cogitaction.

Found it! Or more accurately hacked it together via a Re-Co-Cogitaction process.

Here is my visual...







No comments:

Post a Comment